Terms and Conditions
A. Order Confirmation:
All orders placed are confirmed by e-mail or fax and must be signed and faxed back to Pt. Tosalena Eksporindo. (or a recognized agent thereof) in order to be considered a firm order. Once an order confirmation has been signed and faxed, the order cannot be canceled. Pt. Tosalena Eksporindo. retains the right to accept changes in confirmed orders up to a maximum of 7 days after the receipt of the signed order confirmation.
In such cases as an order is deemed insufficient to fill a container, Pt. Tosalena Eksporindo. shall inform the customer and request additional items to be ordered. Such additional items should be ordered within 5 working days of receipt of a request for additional items. Should the customer fail to provide an order for additional items, Pt. Tosalena Eksporindo. reserves the right to either add additional items at its own discretion (for which the customer shall be bound to pay), or to cancel the order.
C. Over-ordering and Backorders:
In such cases as an order exceeds one container, but is deemed insufficient for two containers, Pt. Tosalena Eksporindo shall inform the customer and request a list of items to be excluded from the order. Such list must be faxed to Pt. Tosalena Eksporindo. within 5 working days of receipt of a request for such list. Should the customer fail to provide such list, Pt. Tosalena Eksporindo. reserves the right to exclude items at its own discretion. Customers may indicate if they wish excluded items to be considered as backorders. Backorders shall always take precedence over any new order received.
D. Packaging and Shipping:
Pt. Tosalena Eksporindo guarantees packing and shipping, plus or minus 15% of those items that are ordered.
E. Shipping Insurance:
Shipping insurance is available at customer's request.
1. Deposits of $5,000 per 40ft container are required at the time of ordering, $2,500 for 20ft.
2. Balance of invoice is due within 4 working days of the container invoice date.
2. Payment should be by bank transfer to a bank account specified by Pt. Tosalena Eksporindo. or a recognized agent thereof.
3. If payment is not received by the due date, then a 3% per month interest charge will be assessed, payable before the container is released to the customer.
4. "Early payment" discounts will not be given for payments received AFTER the "early payment" due date. There will be no exceptions to this policy.
G. Volume Discount:
Customers who regularly order three (3) or more containers (see Supplement, below, for definition of container in this context) per month may be given Volume Discounts at the discretion of Pt. Tosalena Eksporindo. Volume discounts are given according to the following guidelines:
• The containers meet the minimum value as set out in Supplement.
• Volume discount is based on regular orders of at least three containers per month.
• Due to excessive demand, pine, garden teak may not be used for purposes of calculating volume discounts, and also, are not eligible for volume discounts.
Calculation of qualification for volume discount shall be based on calendar months using the date that orders are received by Pt. Tosalena Eksporindo. and not actual shipping date (except where clear instruction is given that an order should be shipped after a designated delay). Pt. Tosalena Eksporindo. at all times reserves the right to withdraw volume discounts or modify the rate of discount available.
H. Inability to Take Possession of Container:
If for any reason a customer cannot take possession of an ordered container once it has reached its destination, then the customer shall be held responsible for all costs incurred.
I. Customer Complaints:
Complaints about quality of container contents shall be accepted if they total more than 5% of the total value (before any discounts) of the container; such claims must be made within 3 (three) weeks of receipt of the container. All claims must be accompanied by full "documentation" (as described in the Supplement, below) and third party corroboration. Pt. Tosalena Eksporindo. reserves the right to reject any claims not supported by full documentation and third party corroboration. Any approved compensation and/or credits shall be given to Customer in the form of credit on a future container. Claims received after 3 (three) weeks shall be counted as void, regardless of their value.
For the purpose of calculating minimum order level and volume discount, a container shall be taken to mean:
• 40 foot (or equivalent size) container,
• Having invoice value of US$15,000.00 or greater.
For the purpose of determining extent of damages and appropriate compensation,
documentation of claims must consist of the following:
• A completed "Damage Report" form, supplied by Pt. Tosalena Eksporindo., for EACH
• A photo of EACH damaged item showing the specific damage or defect, plus
• A completed "Credit Request" form, supplied by Pt. Tosalena Eksporindo., for EACH